Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Happy 21st Birthday to my nephew Michael. Please ignore the "scribbles" I didn't have anything to edit this with but paint so just pay attention to the kid in the pic. :0)















In other news...

Monday night I had the pleasure of going to a "Homeschool 101" class put on by the homeschool group at our church. Which, by the way, our church has quite a group of us that homeschool. As one girl put it, it's almost as if your outside the norm if you don't homeschool--which is great support for us newbies. So anyways, the class was very good. My husband and I were sooo glad we went. The lady who taught the class is a mom of ....you ready for this....11 kids and one on the way...so 12 children. She has homeschooled since the beginning. She gave us great advice, information and passed on her wisdom she has gained through the years. She recommened many books to us (I've got some reading to do) and some websites. The class of 6 couples all were parents of young kids. In fact 6 years of age was the oldest child in the group. Our son and another girls son. It was a good time.

So Monday I reported what a good day I had at homeschool. So I thought I'd be fair and post that Tuesday was the opposite. In fact we didn't even do school. Our morning started out bad and I bagged it for the day. Today was a happy medium. I'll take it. My husband reminded me that it's only the 3rd week of my first year of homeschooling and I'll get the hang of it.

And that I will.

No comments: