Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I'm thirty

Happy Birthday to me!! It was yesterday but yesterday was a very busy day for me sooo....here I am today. Today is still busy but I'm getting a few minutes to post...well not really. I'm stealing a few minutes (during Barney) and will probably be interrupted every few seconds.

Today is my 3rd day of babysitting 4 kids under the age of 5 and let's just say I can't get to bed soon enough at nights. I'm up at 6 everday then I head to pick them up. Then I take 3 of them to VBS (vacation Bible school) and then come back to the apartment. Then I put the youngest to sleep at 10ish. Then I have some quiet time which is nice. Then at 11.45 I head to pick them. That is interesting. Then I watch them till daddy gets home about 5.45.

The first day I picked them up from VBS I had the baby in my arms and all three are walking on this brick wall (about 3 feet high)--which is a major attraction to the kids in our church you should see them all on Sunday mornings...so anyways my dear daughter missed her step and proceeded to plunge off the side. The boys are clueless and keep going. I'm sure my daughter's got a concussion and is gushin blood from somewhere on her face. I run to her thinking oh someone will see my predicament and come help. Well someone did stop the boys, daughter screaming, baby starting to...I turn her over...no blood on face...good. So then I look her over, baby stops crying, and she has blood on her arm from a pretty nasty scrape on her elbow and arm and a small owie on her hand then through tears and sobs says "I wanna get back up"...obviously she's ok...and we head to the car.

All the while I was holding (besides the baby and her blankie) two wet art projects that have now smeared all over me and my daughter. So we head to the car and sweat beads are forming on my head.

The rest of the day is a typical day pretty much.

The next day the 2 youngest are not liking VBS and both crying before, during, and after...so I decided to give them a break today...but noone fell off a brick wall afterwards so that was good.

So here we are today. Things are fine. I'm really getting the hang of it...gettin in the groove...yah!! We've been using the "whiny spot" and let me tell ya that spot always stays warm (not really). I praise God because he's keeping me calm, patient, and in good spirits.

I have to admit that the first night I did have a little melt down of my own. Just got way over tired...and well I'm still saying sorry to my husband.

I must add that my 13 year old nephew had planned to stay the week with us. He came over on Sunday...and last night I took him home. He's a trooper but I think he had had enough. Poor kid.

Ok so anyways...yes I'm 30!! Very weird.

adios

No comments: