Sunday, June 04, 2006

What a Good Weekend!!

My husband and I spent the weekend celebrating our 9 year anniversary at this place, www.cricketwood.com . It was a relaxing, fun, peaceful weekend. We have not done anything like this since we've been married. After our honeymoon we have spent one night at the coast and 2 nights at home alone (since kids). So this was over due and such a good refreshing weekend.

Cricketwood is wonderful. Very, very reasonably priced. In addition to a huge, gorgeous, romantic room you get a huge breakfast (lots of choices from big menu), a bevarage of choice delivered to your door whatever time you want in the morning, evening homemade cookies and bevarage delivered to your room, downstairs is a fridge packed with drinks (pop, water, beer, wine) as well as a freezer with ice cream--help yourself as much as you want all included--as well as snacks like popcorn and powerbars. They also have an extensive movie closet you can pick what you like and take to your room and watch. Every room has satellite TV. Also in our room we had a gigantic jet tub and large shower, a super comfy King size bed and full size couch with double recliners.

It's located just 5 minutes outside Bend. Out in the secluded countryside. It was really a great time and we will definately choose to go back there in the future. They also had a video in the room about their personal story of how the cricketwood B&B came to be. That was encouraging to me and my husband in ways that I won't go into right now. We felt that it just might not have been a coincidence that we choose this B&B to stay at. I would highly recommend this place to go for a romantic weekend getaway or even a girls weekend out.

We got there Friday and then stayed in that night since we didn't get there til right before 9pm. We were welcomed by our PB and Choc. Chip cookies and milk and hot cocoa. Then Saturday we were welcomed by our coffee at 9 and then our yummy breakfast of Baked Pancakes and Creme Brulee French Toast and fresh fruit at 10. We took a 2 mile walk around the high desert country. Then we decided to go see a movie since that is something never really get to do. We saw The Break Up. It was good yet the ending frustrated the both of us :) We then went to the Deschutes Brewery for dinner. We came back and I took my second super hot bath with jets and bubbles (i really miss my bath tub since living in this 5th wheel). We then dined on our evening cookies and watched Walk The Line (the Johnny Cash movie) which we both thought was very good.

The next morning we ate and then checked out. It was nice nice nice!! Thank you to Uncle J and Aunt B for taking care of our babies and my mom and dad and Aunt T for dogsitting Blackjack!! And Cousin Jen for offering to be our backup dogsitter. What wonderful family we have.

I missed my kids the moment I left them. The quiet and the peace and time alone with my husband is sooo nice but knowing I won't see them for 2 days and nights made me a little sad. I could tell when I left them that they looked at me with just a hint that they realized something was different, but at the same time they knew they were spending the night with their cousin which they could not wait for, they were very excited. So anyways I was missing them a little bit but reassured myself and told myself everything would be fine. So then Friday night I wake up in the middle of the night from a bad dream about my kids...that's all I needed. But I prayed and went back to sleep. After a nice quiet weekend with my husband I was very happy to see them. It's funny how being a mom can be so exhausting and the thought of some "me" time seems so nice but then the moment you leave them it's like...you just start missing them. Or something like that it's hard to express what I'm trying to say.

--Note to self (the fire and the canyon)--

Ignore that little sentence...just something to remind myself of later.

In other news...my son graduates from Kindergarten this week. Super cute. Can't wait to be done with driving to school everyday. That'll save us a few hundred dollars.

Next on our list is to be out of this 5th Wheel by July 1st!! Also my husband starts his new job on the 12th. This is his last week of work for my dad. :( Bittersweet.

Have a good week,
xoxo

No comments: