Thursday, May 19, 2011

Daily Lessons & Gratitude

May has been good.  I'm reveling in it.  Just enjoy it Kelli.

Daily Gratitude

131. mornings! (again)
132. healing, renewal, new growth, in lives where fall and winter had left the branches bare and bitten.
133. praying and intercession!  the joy of knowing prayer works and helps.
134. the challenge and responsibility of homeschool!
135. health
136. prayers and hope of the saints.

137. the power of praying over my kids and husband in front of them
138. son waking up and journaling (boy after my own heart)
139 kids like going to Cru and knowing some of the college kids

140. words like: abide, dwell, be filled, portion, Source
141. free Great Harvest bread 
142. iced chai tea 
143. the look on Bekah's face after tasting iced chai for the first time.  I'm still laughing.  She liked it!
144. homeschool group show and tell ... utter adorableness.  
145. God's glory in the midst of tragedy. 

Daily Lessons
5/17/11 - ? - must not been paying attention this day.
5/18/11
Free days aren't all they're cracked up to be.  I miss my time in the Word and my quiet peaceful unhurried times with the Lord.  (having to do with a Get up and in the Word challenge that gives us 2 free days to sleep in...but I'm finding I don't want to even if it's hard getting up at 5am because my times with Him are so fulfilling, I miss them.)

When a cycle of love-in-action is broken you can't wait for the other one to start.  And starting yourself is a great exercise in dependence and trust in the the Lord and humility.  It also will begin to soften a hard heart(s) and fill love tanks.  (And it may be that the other has tried to start but I was not in a place to receive due to hardness of heart and deception.  Either way starting or joining in takes a step of faith and humility but it is worth it.)  

Daily Witness 
Seeing God take me from the depths of depression to the most wonderful month I've had in a long time and someone telling me that she thinks depression is no longer a foot hold in my life.  Amen!  I believe her.

And finally I was reading in Ephesians 5 last night with some wonderful ladies and it talked of how gratitude is an effect of being filled by the Spirit.  I never caught that before but it makes sense.  Thankfulness itself is a gift of God. 



No comments: