Saturday, May 21, 2011

Daily Lessons & Gratitude

Remembering:
And I said, "This is my anguish; But I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High." I will remember the works of the LORD; Surely I will remember Your wonders of old. I will also meditate on all Your work, And talk of Your deeds.  Your way, O God, is in the sanctuary; Who is so great a God as our God? You are the God who does wonders; You have declared Your strength among the peoples. You have with Your arm redeemed Your people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph."

My 18 year old nephew is staying with us this weekend.  Talk about remembering--I can remember the day he was born.  I can remember a lot about this kid.  Glad we're getting to spend some time with him this weekend.  He seems so grown up yet (his musical skills on the drums and guitar and his gargantuan size) yet still a crazy kid (playing Mario with my kids and jumping on the trampoline, texting like a madman.)

Daily Lessons:
5/19
Believing (for...healing, salvation, etc) until the end.  That's what friends do.  That's what faith does.
5/20
Believing with people.  A powerful bond and something that just needs to be done.
A foolish woman tears her house down.  A wise one builds it up.
I can't love God when I'm not loving... them, her, him etc.
Praying for myself in the way I pray for others keeps me from pride and judgement

Thanksgiving:
149.  Hope
150.  Finishing a good book.  
151.  Books 
152.  The desire to read
153.  That much blessing comes from hard work and not just easily given
154.  Thankfulness - a result of being filled with the Spirit.

Five days left of school!  Woot Woot.  Have a good weekend.

No comments: