Friday, September 15, 2006

Here In Truckee


A view of Donner Lake. (We are staying right on this lake)


I wasn't going to blog while I was gone but I have some time so why not? Truckee is a nice place. I was so curious to see what my would've been future home is like. I think in some ways I would've liked it here...but I don't how I would've liked the winters. Truckee is 5000+ feet. Where my dad is working is 7000+ feet. He is getting snow today. The weather took a cold turn since we've been here.

I'll try to quickly just say what we've done since we've been here. The first day just drove through Truckee, including Old Town. We then took a narrow road up the steep and rocky mountains to a vista point that overlooked Donner Lake. That was pretty. I have pics that I'll post when I get home. Then we went to one of the 2 public beach access on the lake. It was hot this day and so that was fun. There is also a nice park there where the kids played.

The second day (yesterday) we went to Apple Hill which is about 2 hours away in Placerville. That was OK. It was a bit of a letdown...I think had we went on a weekend it would've been a lot more fun...as it was farms were closed and not much of the attractions were going. I would recommend it to people but go on a weekend. I think if we get a chanc to go again next year then it'll be fun.

Before I leave I'd like to walk Old Town and go to the Donner Memorial SP and read up on some history. This area is so rich in early American History. I'd like to come back some day and take some time to really soak it in.

So... take some time and click on the links and explore futher if you'd like. Until next time...

K in T, CA

No comments: