Sunday, September 24, 2006

A new week begins.

I don't get on the computer as much since I started homeschooling. Even now I'm staying up too late so I can post.

Another week will start tomorrow. After finishing well the first week I started to doubt over the weekend and stress. What am I doing? Can I even do this? Am I going to really mess up my kids? Ugh. But then a strange thing happened. I started to prepare for the upcoming week late tonight and in doing so it refreshed my memory of all the things I enjoyed this past week. Like the feeling of accomplishment, starting to see my son and daughter learn things that I taught them, and just being with them. By the time I was done the negative attitude was gone and I was excited to start the week again.

I was very thankful to the Lord for the reminder. Also for His grace since I had a "poor me" attitude a lot today.

Earlier though before all this I reminded my son (who went to one year of Kindergarten last year at a private school) that we do school tomorrow. I asked if he was excited (doubting he would be). He said he was but wanted to make sure we're doing homeschool and not real school (as he calles the two). I was encouraged that he's still enjoying homeschool despite a few rough spots last week.

So off to bed I go because mama really needs her rest these days. Adding "teacher" to my list of to-do's really wipes me out by the end of the day.

No comments: