Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Heart Burn and a Sad Event

Went to dinner with a friend tonight. A friend I've had since 1st grade. We met at her place of employment which happens to be a sports bar and grill. I comsumed a Thai Chicken Salad that I choked on numerous times because it was so dang spicy. At one point I was coughing almost uncontrollably and my eyes were flooded with tears. I now have acid reflux. I NEVER get acid reflux but tonight I do. Which that somewhat concerns me. I don't want this to be the beginning of a lifelong relationship with Tums.

On a sadder note. My sis-in-law/super close buddy/friend/pal called me and told me that her vet pulled her dogs two front teeth without asking. This is so sad because this dog is a show dog. You don't pull show dogs teeth. What's also sad is he (the dog) wasn't finished yet (not a champion) but they were working on it. She has put so much time. money, and energy into this passion of hers with a dedication to do things right and ethically. This dog was her first show dog that a friend of hers sold to her to help get her started. He is such a beauty and so so sweet. They even had a show this coming weekend. I repeat... HAD!

It astounds me. It shocks me. I don't understand why a vet thinks it has the right to pull your dogs teeth without asking. This vet knows my sis-in-law. She brings her dogs in there all the time for this and that, as well as her cats, and her bunny. Even if it wasn't a show dog you don't pull any dogs teeth without the owners permission provided the owner is a good and caring owner.

The teeth were not rotting or even yellow. The were a tad loose...so she yanked them. The dogs career is now over...done! Just like that by one vet who stepped a little outside her authority and made a stupid choice.

I felt really horrible for my sis and she cried and cried all day. I'm thankful her hope is in the Lord and I'm at peace knowing she has Him to cling to during this time. Why would He allow this? "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path" Above all God is good and we can trust Him with everything.

No comments: