Saturday, November 12, 2005

Name Change

I changed the name of my blog. I read some really inspiring blogs last night. It got me thinking about my blog and my life for that matter. Do I want to take away or add to people's lives? Do I want to add negatively or postively. I chose to add and to add positively.

So my site might not be the most profound on the internet but my hope, for anyone who reads it, is that they can take away something positive. That they will come away blessed rather than contaminated in some horrible way.

I want my life to reflect that as well. God has surfaced many ugly things in my life lately. I thank Him though because I asked Him to do this thus He's answering my prayer. I wanted to know the depths of my wickedness apart from Him, how I can be when left to myself--my sinful, selfish self.

I know that once I accepted Jesus I became a new creation and received a new heart but I wanted to know all that He saved me from. All the deep ingrained selfish ways that were apart of me as a result of living 19 years without His influence in my life. When I came to believe in Jesus I started to change my ways/He changed my heart... but much of it was actions that unbeknownst to me were birthed from a selfish independant self. This self is what He's revealing to me in a very gentle yet very real way.

It's been hard, humbling, but oh so rewarding. It's made me cherish His grace and mercy so much more than I ever have. I've been more grateful for what Christ has done for me on the cross. I've wanted His spirit, His power, His will more for my life than ever. I know what I'm capable of and I want less of me and more of Him.

I'm thankful for my new heart. I'm learning to renew my mind and take care of my heart. I'm learning why I need to take careful consideration about what I let into my ears, eyes, mind, and heart. I'm desiring obedience out of myself more than I ever had. I want to be Jesus's disciple and die to myself.

Dying to myself had been hard. It doesn't come easily. Discipline was never something I grew up with nor practiced. I did things because I had to and if I wanted to give up I usually did. I'm lazy for the most part and used to getting my way. But I'm willing to walk this road so that Christ is truly Lord of my Life.

Lord, make me more like you!!

~GH

No comments: