Saturday, February 11, 2006

True Love


This post is dedicated to my wonderful husband. He's my true love. We're sitting here talking and celebrating Valentine's Day a couple of days early since he has school on Tuesday. He's got me a mystery present that he hasn't given me yet. He went and got it today and I said I hadn't got him his yet but he said that's ok because Valentine's Day is more of a girl holiday. Ha ha.

So this May we'll have been married nine years. Can you believe that? We have been together though since 1994 and our first date was in 1992. When I first met him I knew, seriously, that he was the man for me. But at the time it wasn't the right time. We went our separate ways for 2 years while he was first starting college and I was in high school but then when I graduated he called me and "stole" me from another guy, as he likes to call it, and the rest was history.

So now it's nine years, two beautiful children later, and here we are. I can honestly say I love him more today then I did then and then I loved him sooo much then. I can remember the day we got married and how happy I was. I cried tears of joy and was so at peace. No cold feet whatsoever. He's my man.

So anyways Valentine's is coming up and I just want to say to all of you. Grab your honey and give them a big smooch. As well as all the other loves in your life... just you know family and friends. That is what is so important in our lives...relationships. Not material things but the people in our lives. Cherish the relationships in your life.

The enemy (Satan himself) is the author of division. Whenever you're feeling angry at someone remember that is the enemy. Our battle is NOT against flesh and blood but against the principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age..etc... so reach out in love to those around you and ignore what the Enemy is doing. He doesn't want us to have relationships but to be isolated and alone. Love one another!!

Can I just say I love my family and my friends soooo much!!! I'm so thankful for the people in my life. And if your my family or my friend that I LOVE you I might be a flake somtimes or stupid but I still love you! Please be patient with me as God works with me but YOU are important to me. And just because I'm moving doesn't mean anything. Distance may mean we won't see eachother as much but that's all. We can still be connected through internet and phone and when I come home we'll see eachother and catch up. I'm just following God's path and seeing where it leads.

God's path is that of adventure and excitement and that's where I'm going.

To all of you I love you and Happy Valentine's Day!!

~MOI

No comments: