Friday, March 03, 2006

We are back

After a nearly six hour drive we are home. The weather wasn't the best but we had a nice time. It was good to get out of the house and experience a change of pace. We stayed in cute little cottage within walking distance to the beach. The first day it was rainy so we stayed inside. But the next day we got out and played a bit on the beach. It was the first time for the kids at an age where the could remember and enjoy it. Once when they were littler we went and it was super windy. The sand was pelting our faces and the kids were screaming. We drove 2 hours stayed 10 minutes and went home. So anyways they collected rocks and sticks, (and brought them home) learned about sneaker waves and my son got to see the head of a seal bobbing in the water. Mom thought that was cool too. It was a bit nippy but we had fun.

Like I said it was a 5-6 hour drive and on the way down our direction thingy in our car was reading S and I was telling my son how on our way back it'll read N. So after about 4 hours of driving ( and they did really well too until about the 4 hour mark ) he started crying and said he wanted to go North and go back home. And then on the way home about the five hour mark he said something like... mommy I said daddy should've went by himself and we could've stayed home and not had to drive to the beach I'm getting tired and I really want to play my game.

Silly kids. Soon they just went dilirious and started making up songs with strange words and laughing. It was quite entertaining.

So now the kids are in bed, and hubby too, and my dog (who stayed with my parents) is happy and content snoring away right next to me.

It's good to be home (which we'll be moving out of in exactly one month if all goes well) where we go from there is anybody's guess. :) and that's ok.

No comments: