Friday, April 14, 2006

Chasing The Wind

Went to the play tonight with just my husband. What a treat. I was beginning to forget what is was like to just be with him and noone else. It was a Christian play put on by a ministry called His Acts. They are a group of very talented people and this is the third one I've been to but the first without my kids. So this year we actually could watch it.

It was moving. It was about priorities. It was about the important things in life like family. When we go after money, power, things...it's like chasing after the wind. It's based on Ecclesiates in the Bible. If anyone is in the Corvallis Oregon area it's playing one more time tomorrow night at 7pm at the LaSalles Stewart Center and it's free. It has good acting and a very inspirational message.

I was challenged in a few areas. For one I left there with a sense that God wants to do more with my life but I hold myself back. Another is that I am a Christian but so much, especially lately, I feel defeated and oppressed. It shouldn't be that way. Jesus came that we may have life and have it to the full and if I'm not experiencing the abundant life than I'm getting ripped off. This would be my own fault but also the enemy himself. He only comes to steel, kill, and destroy and I've let him lately. After leaving there I felt that I need to stop living for my selfish desires that leave me feeling empty and live for God. Sounds so basic but how easy it is as a Christian to get off track. But we know we are when we feel like crud and have lost that joy that we get only from HIM!!

I have got myself in a miry pit lately. A battle in my mind has gotten me quite down. But tonight was very encouraging and helped. I thanked God that I got to go. Tonight also renewed my strength somewhat.

So tomorrow nothing during the day is planned except hubby is working (fulfilling his end of the bargain on a trading work thing). Tomorrow night are babysitting neice and nephew so brother in law and wife can go watch play. Should be exciting.

Also one of my little neices had a seizure today. At this moment she is fine. She's going in for some testing tomorrow morning. Be praying for her. Hopefully we'll know soon what is going on and hopefully it's nuthin big.

~ xoxo

No comments: