Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Finally...I'm Back!

Well that didn't take too long. Right this moment I am typing from my bed on my oh so comfy mattress in the bedroom of my RV. My super duper husband brought my new little laptop home to me today. This blog is the first thing I did...well I checked my email and then came here.

Now I'm going to get myself caught up on things like reading some other blogs and some financial stuff.

But first before I'll that I'll update the world on RV life. So far it isn't too bad. It will definately take some adjustment. We're trying to get into a routine. We're trying to get used to this RV. The whole world of an RV is new to us. We've had no experience with one but we're learning. Nothing like jumping in the deep end and teaching yourself to swim.

We thought the heat to this thing was either/or gas or electric and it would use whatever it was hooked up to. We found out the hard way the other night that it's just gas. It ran out in the middle of the night. I was sooo cold and couldn't figure out what was going on. I got up and it was Off so I thought my dh had turned it off so I turned it back on...well then it never came on. So got up again and checked and it was off...I thought I must've turned it off in my tiredness. I turned it back on and cranked it up to 90. I jumped back in bed, curled up in my covers, and waited. It turned on and I waited to heat up. Then about a minute later it shut off...ARGH...so eventually we got it figured out.

So the 50 pound dog can't get up and down stairs so we have to lift him...and he just got an ear infection that we're treating. Also taking him out is a bit more of a chore now because when it's just me I have to take the kids with me and walk out to the dog area.

Wash will be in laundry facilities from here on out. Fun. Oh and dishes are by hand. Yipee!! But really it's all not that bad. I think it'll be fine once we get used to it and adjust.

Our kids really like it. They have a cute little room. And this RV park has a tiny playground. It'll have the pool open in May ... and ... yah. So. So that is really all for now. I'll write more later on it all.

Ciao,
Moi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back. I have missed your blog.

Ins't RV live fun. Just remember you can always give me a call if you have any question.

Sis