Thursday, April 27, 2006

Raising Awareness for Darfur

Please go so www.savedarfur.org Sign the petition/card that will be sent to President Bush.

As I sit warm and toasty in my bed, men, women, and children are dying bye the minute. If it's not murder it's disease and famine as a result of the atrocities. I can't for one moment imagine the fear the women and moms are going through. Knowing at any moment yourself or your babies will be raped or murdered.

I will leave it at that because the website is a much better source of information.

Tonight as I opened my email I got a request from one of my friends to sign a petition for Darfur. I at that moment had no idea what was going on in Darfur. I thought "oh i'll have to do that soon." Closed out my email and started to watch TV. On my favorite show ER tonight I knew one of the characters was going to help a colleage over in Africa...then as the show progressed I heard the name of the country...Darfur. I thought hmm I'm really going to look this up. So as the show was on I went to the site and signed the petition and began to read. I was reminded of the movie "Hotel Rwanda" that my husband and I watch last summer. I remembered how moved we were. I remember how we couldn't believe such horrible events went on in our world and we never knew it. We both never wanted to stand by and let something like that happen again. We're just two people but here's a site telling us what we can do as individuals. So thanks to my friend kandjmom and even the show ER I'm ignorant no longer. As Christians we can also pray. We can give money and we can contact elected officials.

There's always a million things our government can and needs to do...we're always getting involved in other countries business and some don't neccisarily agree with it all the time...but this is genocide...think Holocaust, think Rwanda...innocent civilians being murdered, raper, tortured, and driven from their homes. The whole world needs to be involved not just the U.S.

Anyways just felt the need to do something so I'm putting it on my blog--among other things.

In other news...my daughter got her finger slammed in the trunk door today. She's okay but it did tear some skin and bled. She screamed and cried pretty hard but then got over it really quick. My husband doctored her up and she was out the door catching bubbles that her brother was blowing.

Well got to go to bed. TGIF tomorrow!!!! Girls day Saturday...fun. And two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame bun...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for drawing attention to Darfur!!!

I am in Europe and can't attend the Darfur rallies across the U.S. on April 30th. Therefore I am organizing an online rally for Darfur together with many other German Bloggers.