Thursday, September 16, 2010

April 16th, 2008

The final point I want to make regarding this whole flower bed analogy is the “why?”. Why did God show me this? I think this is the most exciting part — for me anyways. He could just tell me because He’s nice but there’s more to it than that.

This revelation was timely. It was kind of a little present from Him because of what He’s revealed to Jake and I lately. But before I say more I want to quickly say how He revealed it to me.

When I first saw the finished flower bed the analogy seemed clear and I thought it was neat. I was thankful for the lesson amidst the everyday things of life. I even knew I’d blog about it. But it wasn’t until I typed out the post till the true meaning came clear.

And that is this: That I can move forward. Let me explain. I can finally see this flower bed of my past weeded and beautiful. The dirt is clean, fertile, and ready to produce. Plants are pruned and ready to bloom. I stated in part one that even though the weeds were gone my focus was still on them. By seeing in real life the finished product I could finally see God’s finished product in me for what it was. My focus is now in the right place.

And this is significant because…? Because for the past two months Jake and I have been praying for direction. God answered by leading us to a new school for our kids and a new church, both local, for the purpose of joining in on what He’s doing in our community (which was another whole flower bed He had to weed to get me to let go). And now I can follow where He leads because I see clearly. Not only for my healing and good has He done this but for a time such as this. He’s prepared the soil for this time.

So all that only came to me as I wrote out the blog and I was so excited. I’m excited for this new path God has for Jake and I.

_______________________________________

Philippians 3:12-13 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has alled me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

______________________________________

No comments: