Thursday, September 23, 2010

august 19th, 2008

So I have these books that explain “things” in an age appropriate way, you know–the birds and the bees…
I have two of these books one for 3-5 year olds which is very benign, no biggie.  The second one, for 5-8 year olds I believe, however goes a little further even using the s word (s3x) but in very good taste, Christian based.  
Two years ago when my kids were 6 and 4 I read book one…neither of them cared too much.  So two nights ago I thought why not.  “Hey kids want to learn about our bodies and how babies are made?”  ”Yeah!!”  We sat down on the couch and began to read.   
My almost six year old daughter paid little attention finding her bobble head toys much more interesting.  My son engaged me with some questions here and there.  Everything very matter of fact and a little interesting to him, while he picked at some dead skin on his feet.  Never embarrassed or anything. 
Their response when we were done?
“Can we play Club Penguin now?”

No comments: