Friday, September 17, 2010

April 30, 2008

April 30, 2008
[Insecurities are] like the murderer of creativity.

I found this little nugget on my new friend, Brandi’s blog. Click HERE to read more of what she has to say on the topic of insecurities. I agree with her 100%.

I find my insecurities rob me of fun, adventure, friends, learning new things. They rob God of the glory due him when I don’t live out my talents or giftings He’s given me. I fear failure and the negative opinions of others. Despite the tremendous amount of work God’s accomplished in me over the past 12 years I still deal with this on a daily basis.

Lately I’ve been motivated to overcome and experience victory. I don’t want to leave here (anywhere) unchanged. My pastor at Calvary Corvallis always says that. Somthing to the effect of… if you’re feeling God’s tug inside you, respond, don’t leave here unchanged. That’s exciting but hard. When I do it, I am high as a kite afterward, it feels so good. I find when I’m in a rut a lot of times it’s because there’s something I haven’t done, some way I haven’t responded.

When I respond to God’s tug on my heart, in whatever, I change.

No comments: