Sunday, September 19, 2010

July 9, 2008

And I don’t mean Orange County.
No this is MUCH better, or I should say HE is much better.  I’m talking about Oswald Chambers.  I love OC (as I so affectionately call him in my journal).  He encourages me and challenges me on a regular basis.  I’ve had his devotional journal since 1999 and I read it regularly and everytime I do I get SO much out of it.
Have you read My Utmost For His Highest?  Me loves it.
Here’s an excerpt of today’s reading.  I thought it’d be fun to quote from him often as he speaks to me…  Here’s today’s (I have to run outside and get it since I read it out on my porch swing this morning…uno mommento…)
You say–But God can never have called me to this, I am too unworthy, it can’t mean me.  It does mean you, and the weaker and feelber you are, the better.  The one who has something to trust in in is the last one to come anywhere near saying–”I will serve the Lord.”

No comments: