Thursday, September 23, 2010

August 3, 2008

(out of order and just noticed i put month 9 instead of 8 on the last couple posts...)


o my son’s 8th(!) birthday was Wednesday.  Eight?!?!  What in the world?  I can’t even believe how time is passing.  My first born, baby boy is 8.  I remember when he was a baby and Jake and I would try and peek into the future and we’d say, “Can you imagine him being six years old?”  When Jake started apprentice school Caed was 2 and we’d ponder, “Wow, when you’re done with school he’ll be FOUR!!  Whoa can you imagine?  And Kenna will be TWO!!”  Now my boy is 8 and Kenna will be six in a month and a half.
My friend Brandi R. was telling me how on Monday her oldest boy who’s 11 leaves for middle school church camp for a week (he’s now old enough to go) and she just can’t even believe it.  She’s said she’d probably cry.  I totally understood.  Not wierd at all.  I get it.  I teared up when Caed lost his first baby tooth.  I bawled me head off when I dropped them off for their first day of school last year.  Ugh.  Parenting is so hard in all sorts of ways. 
Good time to change subjects.  In other news…
I have one more day of week 7 left in my Couch-to-5K running plan.  Two weeks left!!  For the last three runs I’ve ran 25 minutes straight.  It’s suppose to be about 2 1/2 miles but since I’m slow it’s about 2 1/4.  I’m working on my speed.  I figure when I get to 30 minute runs my goal will be 10 minute miles so I can do 3 miles in 30 minutes.  Right now I’m about 11 (on a treadmill).  I’m actully very pleased with my progress even if I’m a little slow.  7 short weeks ago I couldn’t run 2 minutes withough getting very winded. 
I’ll probably run day 3 tomorrow or Monday then I’ll start week 8 which is 28 minute runs.  No more walking (as or day 3 of week 6) except for my 5 minute warm up. 
Today’s run though kicked my butt.  I was tired from the get go.  This was my third day of 25 minutes and I did nothing different.  The first two 25 minute runs I felt really good.  Nothing hurt, I wasn’t winded, it was just good.  Nothing hurts I was just tired!!  Maybe it was the 2 taquitos I had an hour before my run, ya think?  Whatever it was I was so tired.  Music didn’t help, nothing was good on the TV’s, I kept looking down at the time…it was tough.  And, like always, my face was red as a tomato when I got through.
Alrighty, gotta shower.  Adios peeps.

No comments: