Thursday, September 23, 2010

August 11th, 2008

So things were going well.  I’m up to 28 minutes and my second 28 minute run was GOOD!  After 4 grueling runs where every minute I wanted to quit having a good one felt good.  I good run consists of getting in a groove where I feel I could run for a long time and I feel good.  And I could’ve but there was this nagging pain again in my right shin. 
I haven’t been able to do much working out in between runs becuase our life’s been hectic so I haven’t been able to strengthen my legs and now my shins are paying for it again.  At least that’s my theory, along with a little too much fat (I’m working on that too).  So the pain continuted after the run and into the next day.  I knew it wasn’t going to be good.
So today I went in and after about 14 or so minutes of running I had to stop.  My leg was throbbing.   I got off and did a different workout the remaining time.  I’m so bummed!  I know if I give it some rest and do some different workout in between it’ll probably feel better in a few days BUT I’m so close.  I have 1 week of my plan left, ONE WEEK.  Which doesn’t mean I’m stopping but it means I’ll be at 3 miles.  I’ve worked two months on this and I want so bad to accomplish my goal.
So I’m headed to the coast for 3 days.  I get back on Wednesday and I’m hoping Wednesday I can run again.  We’ll see.  I’m probably pushing it but we’ll see.   A couple day break will be good though I think.

No comments: