Friday, September 17, 2010

May 14, 2008

May 14, 2008
Check out my side bar under “links”. I’ve added 2 new links — Desiring God and Don’t Waste Your Life — that are a must read for those who love to be challenged in their faith and edified. In particular, I’ve been ministered to greatly lately by the blog on Desiring God and the podcast at DWYL.

I was moved to read Philippians in the Bible the other day. It was funny because after I read it and was spurred on once again to live as Christ I came across the podcasts that say similar things as I found in Philippians and reference many verses from Philippians–and just happen to reference the ones that touched me the deepest. Like my last post on verse 21 from Chapter 1 of Philippians, “For to me, to live is Christ and to die, is gain.” The following verses sang loud to me today:

______Philippians 3: 12-14_______

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

_______________________________

So I was reading some of my old journals from ’05 and ’06. Like the lyrics to the Caedmon’s Call song, “You know I had to laugh that the same old struggles that plagued me then are plaguing me still.” so I did. I’ve found I struggle with two things consistantly: food and focusing on my sin. And I also have 3 constant desires: Being a better mom, wife, and child of God. But since I focus on my sin I rarely see progress I just see where I’ve fallen short. I think I’m going to have to start journaling the good things I do. Ha. I know God’s done work in me over the years but rarely do I take note. Which is sad for Him, I bet.

I also noticed that I’m not as emotional in my journals as I once was. That’s a positive I think. I think that has came with maturity and age. I’ve grown up over that past ten years surprise surprise. I wonder if I have any journals from High School or if I threw them all away. I bet I threw them away. Those have to be scary. But it would be interesting to see how far I’ve come from those days. But not sure if it’d be worth reliving some of the things I wrote in those journals. Yikes.

Thanks for bearing with me as I just thought out loud all over this blog. Now go out and enjoy the weather. I can’t wait!!

No comments: