Thursday, September 23, 2010

August 18th, 2008

I started my final week of the Couch-to-5K running plan today and ran for 33 minutes, or as I like to say, 3 miles!!  I don’t think I’ve ever run 3 miles in my 32 years–not even in my highschool sports life.  I probably could’ve though back then but the most I think I ran then was 2 miles. 
Anyways I turned off the treadmill and felt RAD and wanted to yell “woooo hoooo” but I controlled myself.  So two more runs and I’ll have completed my running plan.  I’m so excited.  I won’t stop when I’m done.  When I’m done I plan on running this distance for awhile and get faster and try and start running outside more. 
I’m going to look for a 5K race in October, when it’s cooler.  And until then just keep running.  I’d like to run for sure 3 days a week and shoot for 4 with cross training in between.  We’ll see what life permits.
Anyways I’m so happy.  I felt soooo good after this run too.  I did have a little pain in my shin but not much and toward the end got a little pain in my lower back.  It almost felt like my sciatic nerve because it went down my right leg.  It wasn’t bad though.  If it’s not one thing it’s another with this out of shape, overweight body.  But I have lost about 4 pounds so I’m getting there.

No comments: