Sunday, September 19, 2010

July 11, 2008

So ok I had that bad day of running where my left knee was killing me afterwards.  Well it was hurting pretty bad and swelled up a tiny bit.  I figured I wouldn’t be running for a bit and would do different, low impact, type things and build up some quad muscles…
Then the next day my left shoulder was killing me (still is).  I thought at first it was sore muscles from running different the day before.  Because when I ran the day my knee was sore I was running all awkward to find a comfortable way of running.  Well as the day and then the next day I wore on I realized that I think I may have pulled something(s) inside my shoulder because I can’t relax my shoulder and it hurts to pull things and lift my arm… not sure what I did but I don’t think it’s too serious just needs some rest.
So yesterday I just did a different machine with high resistance to build up my legs. 
Today I went in and did the same type of machine.  I was discouraged because it wasn’t as fun and I didn’t want to give up running.  So I did this machine and pretty high resistance (for me anyways) and 20 minutes into my legs were fatigued…
…so I went on the treadmill.  I thought oh I’ll just test out my legs and see how they’re doing.  I walk for about 3 minutes and then start running at my normal speed.  And it hurt.  Dang!  So I take the speed down .3 notches…and I ran for 15 minutes straight with no pain…(which is the longest I’ve ran so far in this running plan(not ever though let’s just make that clear right now ha ha I haven’t always been this out of shape))
I let my legs do their own stride and what was comfortable…and off I went.  I was so energized because I thought maybe I can keep going after all.  I’m still not going to run 2 days in a row for awhile.  I will continue to do some lower impact stuff and try to build up my leg muscles. 
I am so excited!!!!  My shoulder is still hurting me but it doesn’t hurt when I run.  I’m hoping it will heal itself in time. 

No comments: