Friday, September 17, 2010

May 27, 2008

May 27, 2008
Is there a formula for raising kids? If you do ‘x’ and ‘y’ then they will for sure turn out ‘good’? Schooling has got me asking questions. There are kids who are home schooled, private schooled, public schooled, and whatever schooled and some turn out ‘bad’ and some turn out ‘good’.

There are those that are from the same parents, and go to the same school, one’s ‘good’ and one’s ‘bad’. Or both good or both bad or whatever variation in between. Does it matter how or where you school? Does it all depend on how you parent?

Should you just pray and do what God leads? What if God’s silent on the issue. Some are adamant that their way of schooling is the only way.

We’re just praying about schooling and all this comes up in my mind. I went to public and was saved at a public university. My parents were not following God while I was growing up. Then I know if people who’s parents were following God and their kids are not.

Is there a formula? Can your kids really turn out the way you hope they will? Is it all random chance. I don’t really believe it’s random chance. Maybe I’m just called to do the best I can, obeying God and leave the results in His hands. I

God, where will you have me put my kids next year?

No comments: